CrockPot Stroganoff


Maybe it's just me, but there's something about Fall... and crockpot dinners.
I have somehow developed a new obsession with crockpot meals over the past couple weeks.
The ease of throwing everything into a crockpot in the morning, and not having to do a thing to it all day, but having a delicious dinner ready for you come 6pm... is a beautiful thing. Especially when you are busy chasing around a 1 year old all day.

I was craving stroganoff- a warm, cozy meal for a November night.
So after looking at a couple recipes as a guide- I decided to go at my own little recipe.
I used a couple different recipes as a base- and used whatever ingredients I had on hand!
And voila- this amazing crockpot recipe was born!!
I have to share it, because my husband rated it a 9 out of 10 (I asked him what was a 10...and he didn't know....) and because it is such a simple, delicious fall recipe!!! 
I also tried to make it as healthy as possible...as healthy as a stroganoff can be...
I definitely think it tastes lighter, not quite as heavy, as most other traditional stroganoff recipes!

Anyways...

Here It Is:

Ingredients:

(I choose to use all organic ingredients)
1 lb sirloin steak cut into 1 inch cubes
3/4 cup beef broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup (about 12 oz)
1/2 yellow onion diced
2 tablespoons dry white wine
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
16 oz bag egg noodles
1 cup plain greek yogurt
Dried parsley flakes & sour cream *optional*

Instructions:

1.  Add sirloin steak, beef broth, mushroom soup, onion, wine, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper to crockpot and stir together.
Cook on low for 6 hours.
(I cooked mine on low for 3 hours, and then set it down to 'warm' for the remaining 3 hours since our crock pot always seems to cook at a higher temperature)

2. About 20 minutes before your desired "dinner time", cook noodles according to instructions on package. Strain the noodles.

3. Add the cooked noodles, and the 1 cup plain greek yogurt to the crock pot. Mix well.

4. To serve, sprinkle with the dried parsley, and add a dollop of sour cream - if you so desire :)
(Which I always do!!!...stroganoff without sour cream just seems wrong...)


And there you have it!!!
A simple, and delicious recipe for the days you just don't have the time (or energy) to cook a big dinner!

ENJOY!!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature