My All Natural Face Wash Challenge


*check out my UPDATED all natural face wash post here*

Well, I decided it's time to finally give this idea a go!
For the past couple years I've been using all organic face washes, moisturizers and numerous serums...but unfortunately, even with organic products, you still have unwanted chemicals and fragrances hidden within them.
My skin is pretty sensitive, and it breaks out super easy.
It doesn't help that I have to suffer through harsh Wisconsin winters... (every winter I question why I live here...) that always end up leaving my skin dry and sometimes flaky. 

I've heard numerous people talk rave about their results with using coconut oil on their faces. In fact, I have yet to hear from one person who tried it, and wasn't happy with their results.

Seeing as how I love all things natural, I'm not sure why I've been putting this on the back burner!
We're also starting to talk about baby #2, so seeing as how a pregnancy may be in my somewhat near future, I try to kick as many chemicals to the curb as possible! 
The past few days I've been using coconut oil to moisturize my face, and I've even used it to wash my face a couple times.
So I figured why not give an all natural skin care regimen a try!
Plus, it doesn't hurt that I have ALL these products on hand, most of them right in my kitchen!

So I decided to share my regimen and results (good or bad) with you throughout this process! 
But here's my overall plan:

To wash with coconut oil I use about 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, warm/melt it by rubbing it in my hands, and then just like I would with any other face wash, rub it on my face for a minute or so (ps, it's awesome for removing makeup and mascara especially!). I get a washcloth wet with nice warm water and use that to gently rub it in a little bit more, and to also help remove some of the oil before drying my face off. After using the washcloth most of the oil is removed, so after I dry my face I use just a tiny dab more coconut oil to moisturize my face.


The only thing that's different with the night time routine compared to the morning routine is moisturizing with lavender and tea tree oil mixed in with my coconut oil. I might not do this every night, but most nights I like to give my skin a little something extra. I choose to only add 1 drop of each into about a 1/2 teaspoon amount of coconut oil, and gently massage this all into my skin. Sometimes if it seems like too much, I just rub any extra into my hands, or any where else I have dry skin.  Disclaimer: I have been using lavender and tea tree essential oils on my skin for years, so I know how my skin reacts to them. For some people, even just having the two drops of essential oils in the coconut oil may be too strong for their skin. I suggest reading into essential oils before you decide to use them!! 


I love me some apple cider vinegar (ACV). The list of benefits from this stuff is crazy awesome, and if you're unaware of the awesomeness within that bottle, I highly suggest researching into it a bit! (I swear by the stuff whenever I feel a slight cold, or flu bug creeping up on me... 2 tablespoons ACV in a small glass of cold water morning and night, and the next day whatever was trying to invade my immune system... GONE! No joke, it has worked for me so far every time I've tried it...I will admit, the taste is not the greatest...). I have never tried using ACV as a toner, but again it's one of those things that the people who do use it, swear by it... so why not give it a try right?! I plan to use a 1:1 ratio, equal parts ACV to water or my all natural witch hazel as a toner, and probably use this 3-4 times per week.

I also plan to use coconut oil and baking soda mixed together as more of a deep clean cleanser, as well as a face mask a few times a week. For my sensitive skin I plan to use 1 teaspoon coconut oil and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, mix it together and apply it to my face just with my hands for a more gentle approach. For a bit of a deeper conditioning treatment, I plan to let this sit on my skin for a couple minutes, before rinsing it off with warm water! Again,  I only plan to do this a few times a week.

So if all of this natural skin care interests you, I suggest reading into it, educating yourself on the different options, and giving it a shot! 
I'm super excited to give it a try and can't wait to share my results with you! 
(fingers crossed they're all good results!!)

Hope you have a fantastic rest of your weekend!!!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature