Old Windows!!!


So these babies have some crazy sentimental value...
they are my great-great-great-great-grandparent's windows, from their original homestead from back in the early 1800's

How awesome is that?!

The best part is that I found them this past summer... in the original homestead (which is still standing, and is on my parent's land...it now serves as storage for all of our fun outdoor activities we do at my parent's...snowmobiling, swimming...etc.) tucked in a corner in the "attic" behind a bunch of other stuff. The most exciting part about it all, was that about a week before I found these windows, I almost bought an old window for 20 bucks from a local store. 
Then I find these windows, which are pretty much priceless in my book!
SO glad I didn't spend the money on the window from the store!

They kind of got neglected in my own garage since summer, and today I finally got around to cleaning them up, and bringing them in!! I plan to hang some seasonal little wreaths on the one window, but seeing as how I don't have any yet... the dried flowers will have to do for now. ;)
(trip to Hobby Lobby anyone??)


As soon as we made our floating shelf, I knew that's right where the windows would go.
I get kind of sappy (something that happened to me after becoming a Mom...) and I imagine my (4x)great-grandparent's looking out these windows, enjoying sunsets, watching the seasons change, watching their kids playing outside...and I just find it SO awesome that now here they sit, the main attraction in their great-great-great-great-granddaughter's living room.
*sigh*

---------------------

In other exciting news...

Saturday, I'm having a girls morning with my sisters and my mom, and we're going to make our own bath salts!!!
I'm pathetically excited for this! 
Coffee, cinnamon rolls, girl talk, and DIY craftiness!!! ...what's better than that?!

Here's a sneak peak...

A homemade bath salts post to come....!!!

Ok, enough rambling... 
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I can't wait to share another fun DIY craft with you after this weekend!

xoxo


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature