Apple Puree - Homemade Baby Food

Ok, so this is the second kind of apple puree I've made. But this one takes the cake. 
Way better than my other one (I think, and Gavin agrees).

In my other apple puree, I used granny smith apples (less sugar), but they're more sour. They're not bad mixed with other fruits, or sweet potatoes, but they're still not the best tasting apples for a baby that's getting used to new tastes!

This time, I used Gala apples. Wow. Delicious. 

I also chose to blend them raw (preserving all of the nutrients) instead of steaming them to get them tender before pureeing them. Easier, and healthier! Woo hoo!

I used 5 Gala apples and got 1 1/2 ice cube trays worth of puree.

What To Do:
1. Peel apples and cut into small pieces. 

2. Puree until desired consistency, using blender or food processor. I use our Ninja blender (we got it from Target), single-serve option. It works AMAZING!!!

3. Pour into ice cube trays to freeze. Once frozen, transfer to freezer bags for easy storage!

ENJOY!!

*PS... apple mixes good with pear, butternut squash, carrots, banana and sweet potato
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Post Signature

Post Signature